Meet Claire WilsonFounder & Clinical Director of CHEW Initiatives
Making a Difference one Starfish at a time
Anyone who has been around children for any length of time, knows that things can get challenging. Most often people seek Claire out when a child is behaving in a way the adults are struggling with.
“I believe that all behaviour is understandable… when we know the bigger picture, and the bigger story going on for a child. When we can understand – really understand, not jumping to quick conclusions – then we are all in a better place to know what needs to happen to support that child to bring out their best again.
We can change things. Together, we can make a difference, one starfish, one child, one family, even one classroom at a time.”
Experience really matters…
Claire Wilson is highly experienced in working with children, parents and professionals. She is passionate about helping people understand the connections between emotional well being and physical health, creating the a safe environment where people are empowered to increase their resilience and reach their potential.
Her specific expertise in helping children and adults understand and emerge from trauma, is rooted in many years of professional practice and her own personal experience.
Whether you meet her in a clinical or other professional capacity, in her characteristic, safe, insightful and creative way she will likely be focusing on children, health and/or emotional wellbeing… because it IS all connected.
- Speaker, Lecturer, Trainer
- Workshops + Coaching
- School Therapeutic Advisory Service
- 1:1 trauma recovery therapeutic work
- MA in Practice-Based Play Therapy (Trauma Specialism) with CCCU / APAC
- Accredited Play Therapist
- TRE Certified Provider
- QEC Certified Practitioner
- Certified Clinical Supervisor (Senior Status) of Play & Creative Arts Therapists + Trainees
- Experienced Teacher FS, KS1, KS2
- Full and enhanced CRB
- Full Professional Indemnity insurance with Oxygen
- Member of PTUK